Thursday, October 01, 2009
{ 10:57 PM }
Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil, for You are with me;$BlogItemTitle$>
As the deer pants for streams of water,
so my soul pants for you, O God.
My soul thirsts for God, for the living God.
When can I go and meet with God?
My tears have been my food
day and night,
while men say to me all day long,
"Where is your God?"
These things I remember
as I pour out my soul:
how I used to go with the multitude,
leading the procession to the house of God,
with shouts of joy and thanksgiving
among the festive throng.
Why are you downcast, O my soul?
Why so disturbed within me?
Put your hope in God,
for I will yet praise him,
my Savior and my God.
My soul is downcast within me;
therefore I will remember you
from the land of the Jordan,
the heights of Hermon—from Mount Mizar.
Psalm 42:1-6
as i was thinking what verse shall i put down to reflect what i'm feeling right now, this verse came into mind. what does it really mean to pant for the water? what does it really mean to thirst for the water?
ever thought why is the deer used in this description? i once heard [from my mum and i think she heard it from elsewhere] that as a deer thirst and pants for the water, the deer sticks out its tongue.
so, are we really thirsting for the LORD as how the deer thirsts?